Friday 16 July 2010

Big Bum Fashion Fan: Vikki C.

Who are you?

I'm a queer femme scholar and performer, and also an aspiring rad fatty and burgeoning fat activist.

What sort of things do you like to wear?

I find great joy in wearing everything my mother always told me 'girls like me' can't get away with. That mostly consists of bright colours, prints, and revealing/tight stuff, currently expressed in an obsession with patterned leggings and those little tshirt-dress things. I also love Vans and other footwear oft sported by 14 year old boys, it's the Peter Pan tomboy in me that refuses to grow up.

Whose style do you admire?

Standard answer I know but I do adore Beth Ditto's ability to put an extraordinary outfit together. Amy Lamé is always impeccably turned out in a way I could never even aspire to. Also there's a certain quite famous queer theorist (who I cannot name for fear of embarrassment) whose sparkly jeans, bold glitter printed t-shirts and generally awesome daily disco wear has me in complete thrall.

Give us some fat fashion advice!

There is simply no such thing as too much. No, seriously.

What would be your dream find at the Big Bum Jumble?

I'm really hoping for some of the fabulous 50s dresses I always see other hot fat girls wearing but cannot seem to find in my size at a reasonable price. I'm also open to suggestion and intend to try on all sorts of crazy things I would normally never go for!

What else would you like to say?

Just that I am very excited about the Jumble, and I hope it sparks exchanges of ideas, actions and plans as well as clothes!

The photo of Vikki is by AbsolutQueer Photography.

PS Wanna be featured here? Of course you do! Drop us a line: bigbumjumble@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment