Tuesday 20 July 2010

Big Bum Fashion Fan: Bill Savage

Who are you?

I am Bill Savage and I am helping Kay with the Big Bum Jumble.

What sort of things do you like to wear?

I like to wear ties and sleeveless jumpers. This look works in all contexts of my life: at work, at home, going to Unskinny Bop, weddings, funerals, interviews, hott dates etc etc. Ties are a good way to add colour to boringly coloured men’s clothes - I have over 60 of them. My favourites are the vintage Marks & Spencer polyester numbers.

Whose style do you admire?

Hercule Poirot and, to a slightly lesser extent, Captain Hastings. I admire the kind of dude who wears a suit like it was a second skin. At the moment I’m kind of obsessed with Elijah Oberman, the violinist from The Shondes...it’s a tight waistcoat thing. Generally though I like people who look comfy in what they’re wearing and who have committed to a look and are going with it.

Give us some fat fashion advice!

As far as I can tell mainstream fashion advice seems to exist for the sole purpose of fetishising an unattainable gender- and heteronormative, white, middle-class, thin norm - in other words it is a pile of crap for any number of reasons.

The only advice I feel qualified to offer instead is to stop caring about what some non-specific/mythical 'other people' think and wear what the hell you like.

What would be your dream find at the Big Bum Jumble?

A tweed or corduroy suit jacket with leather patches on the elbows that wasn’t too long or too broad across the shoulders, but that did up...I will settle for a new hoodie though!

What else would you like to say?

Can’t wait to see you all at the Big Bum Jumble!

PS Wanna be featured here? Drop us a line: bigbumjumble@gmail.com and it shall be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment