Wednesday 14 July 2010

Big Bum Fashion Fan: Kat

Who are you?

My name is Kat. A fat and fabulous 28 year old Femme. I write a plus size fashion blog, Plus Size Beauty.

What sort of things do you like to wear?

I like things that break the rules of 'what a fat girl shouldn't wear'. I love horizontal stripes, body con, leopard print, bold colours, statement jewellery and anything slightly OTT and attention grabbing. I also like bright lipstick.

Whose style do you admire?

I admire anyones style as long as it's their own. I love getting inspiration from other girls I see in the street, fashion blogs, and friends. I think my biggest style crush is Beth Ditto. She has an amazing wardrobe! I love the way she doesn't conform to the usual 'fat girl' rules, I love the way she wears body con dresses and I love the way she just doesn't give a fuck about wearing any of it.

Give us some fat fashion advice!

Wear what you want, not what people tell you to, or tell you you shouldn't. Wear what you feel comfortable in and what makes you happy. I always see someones style/clothes as an extension of someones personality! Try everything on. The label can lie! If something has stretch, or an elastic waist, or simply looks big, try it on, even if it is much smaller than your regular size.

What would be your dream find at the Big Bum Jumble?

Anything from the 80's. Something in a bold colour with HUGE dynasty shoulder pads and gold buttons. A leopard print body con dress. A vintage playsuit. A comfortable pair of heels!

What else would you like to say?

MEGA excited about the Big Bum Jumble! It combines ALL of my favourite things. Clothes for fat girls, fat girls, bargains and meeting new people. Oh, and check out my blog

PS Wanna be featured here? Of course you do! Drop us a line: bigbumjumble@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Kat! She is so lovely! I can't wait for the Big Bum Jumble :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! So cute and so positive.

    wolfwhistle.org

    ReplyDelete